Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy Birthday

Dear Spencer,
    You are now 1 year old! We had so much fun celebrating together today and now you're sleeping so quietly. Last year, I thought that this day was amazing. I was able to finally meet and hold you in my arms. You've made every day better and better. Okay there were hard times too like when you got a new cast or caught the flu. I wouldn't replace them despite the difficulties. Thanks for always smiling and laughing with me and Dad. We love to watch you learn and explore your world around you. I'm amazed that you're already climbing, signing, saying words, and trying to walk [or should I say run?]. Please continue to keep your curiosity, happiness, friendly demeanor, resilience,  and eagerness to learn.
     Some of my favorite moments with you today were sitting together at church [you actually preferred me to Daddy this time], sharing an apple, and your reaction to the "Happy Birthday" song. You are definitely my boy now and no longer a baby. Sorry if I seem a little sappy [I am pregnant...]. I love you so much!!! Please remember that I love you, Spencer. I am excited to see what you bring to our lives this next year.



Love,
 Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment