Sunday, March 27, 2011

Food (& a broken dresser)

Food is something universal to bring us all together! Tim's been enjoying trying new recipes and I've enjoyed eating them. We got a recipe for Chicken Fettuccine with a garlic slicer from Pampered Chef. Definitely a more American version of this dish & still extremely tasty.



We've also made lasagna pie. It's really just lasagna made in a pie plate. I had used the small casserole dish for brownies. That recipe came from a book given to us at our wedding and they were called the "Best Brownies Ever." Surprisingly, they deserve that title for being homemade. [No pictures of that]

I am proud to say that I have lately been expanding my palate! The biggest steps have been bell peppers and.... TOMATOES! Throughout my entire life I have hated tomatoes. Last night we went out for Mexican food with family since David came into town. It was awesome to see him! Anyways, I let them put tomato stuff onto my nachos and I actually ate it without gagging at all :)

Last night we quickly worked together to finish putting together our new dresser from Ikea. As I emptied the old, broken dresser I wanted to see what really went wrong with that old thing. I did learn what went wrong. For one of the drawers, a screw fell out of the slider/rail/rolling thing. This let the bottom slide out, the clothes pressed down onto the bar below the drawer. This just happened to be the one I accidentally broke and glued back together when we first moved in. It started bending down on that broken area. 


From there the rest of the dresser started getting pulled apart and the drawers didn't fit anymore. I'm willing to guess that this is why the front of two drawers started coming off. I don't know why but I really liked figuring out what made our dresser give out so suddenly.

1 comment:

  1. Thats awesome you are trying new foods and Tim gets to explore his cooking skills. Way fun! I have been trying new things too. I ate rice on Saturday. I normally hate rice. But it was actually quite tasty at the place we went. Glad you got your new dresser. Hope you got the old one out of your apartment now so you don't feel cluttered anymore :)

    ReplyDelete