Sunday, March 13, 2011

Looking Back

A year ago today Tim proposed! This is a fun date for us to remember as I would hope for any couple :) If you want to reminisce over the story with me I am sure that you can still find the note I wrote on Facebook. That night was thrilling, fun, and romantic. I was utterly shocked that it was real and not just some event I was playing out in my head. I'll always be able to remember this date because it is my grandpa's birthday. Our engagement was a wonderful present for him last year :) This year he is happy to be recovering well from his cancer treatments and will be back in town for a check-up.
Our story started close to 2 years ago, May of 2009. That's when I started going to the Singles' Ward and he was on the new member welcoming committee. Yes, it took me two years to build up the courage to leave the family ward and brave that scary world that was actually very friendly. We just casually saw each other on Sundays at church. There was even one time at Munch & Mingle that I had wanted to talk to him but he redirected me to his roommate, Sean, so that he could go take care of something. Sean was quiet and that conversation didn't last very long at all. (This fact bugs Tim very much haha) After a couple of months Tim asked for my phone number so I gave it to him knowing that he wasn't a weirdo. 
One day at work my phone was ringing, okay vibrating, and I ignored it. Tim called back right away so I stepped into the hallway to see what was so urgent. He wanted to ask me out on a date and didn't like leaving voicemails. He still doesn't like that. It was supposed to be a double date but Darrell's date canceled on him. I was nervous to go alone with Tim since I had been on bad dates before but Tim reassured me. That was the best first date that I had ever been on! Later I found out that he thought so too. We got along really well, felt so comfortable together, and it was just entirely enjoyable. He promptly asked me out again the next week to my wonderful surprise. That date we went to Freestone Park and ate ice cream on a blanket while talking and playing for a little while. He invited me over for to watch Wall-E at his apartment that weekend. Tim also talked me into actually attending FHE with our Singles' Ward since it was the Halloween Party. I had usually excused myself due to living at home. The next day, Tuesday, October 27 we were outside after playing volleyball and I asked him if we should make it official or not. He told me to let the world know!!
Now we're married and still wonderfully happy :) The story only keeps on going from here.

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you can remember these details. I am the worst at that. Heck I can't even remember our first kiss. eek. I'm glad you went to the singles ward, I had a great time there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so fun to remember all of that. I didn't know you for the beginning so it was fun to read. I remember sean told me about Tim directing you to him one day and sean was like this is weird. haha He knew you were interested in tim. Once at munch and mingle I directed sean to my friend emily cuz it had been 2 years since meeting him and he hadnt made a move yet so I figured he wasnt interested. Little did I know he very much was and was upset I directed him to some other girl. haha

    ReplyDelete