*He worked a LOT of overtime thanks to a very late cold and flu season. There were some days where he really wanted to just be at home instead, but knew that it would help us out.
*Finally getting back to working out and drawing. It's still not part of his everyday routine like it used to be, but more than when we brought Spencer home.
*Tim is such a great dad. He asks to take care of Spencer, even when it means me waking him up in the middle of the night.
although I did run into this while Tim was changing a diaper...
(Yes, those are shorts on Spencer's head)
*He started up the demand for Aaron to make a speech at his farewell open house. He was joking around but the crowd quickly took over. So thanks to Tim, Aaron and Daddy Blake both made speeches (quite unusual).
Aaron and Spencer
*Lots of love, patience, support, and affection given by this man even when Spencer or I were not the most pleasant. This is really what I remember the most about Tim during this month. Sorry Tim! I'll have to make more notes about your activities.
Adriana
*I'm finally not feeling like a complete zombie! Well, except for the times that Spencer went through a growth spurt and ate very frequently even through the night.
*My sewing has slowly started back up. Since Spencer was born, I've gotten six more diapers made for him... some of which during times that his grandma came over to cuddle with him. I was wrong when I thought that it would be no big deal to sew with a newborn haha. He does sleep a lot, but I need it too and there are lots of chores to catch up on!
*Deana and I went to an event called the Great Cloth Diaper Change. I had fun getting some free/cheap stuff as well as meeting lots of people who've used the newer cloth diapers. Lots of support and ideas from them!
*I have learned just how much my mom went through with me as a baby. I was constantly having ear infections and surgeries to place tubes into my ears due to a milk allergy. I had never thought that any of it really affected my mom. Spencer has taught me otherwise.
Spencer
*Getting near the end of casting for the clubfoot! After six casts, there is only one more left for him. This part of the process has been quite an adventure.
-Soaking off the plaster casts did not go as easily as described... We finally have it working much nicer now that we're almost done. Turns out having hard water makes it more difficult. His latest baths have involved soaking in the kitchen sink with warm water, vinegar, baking soda, and baby soap for half an hour. His casts still aren't falling apart, but we don't have to rip and yank on it anymore.
-Mondays have been days where I don't plan much of anything beyond sitting and cuddling with him all day. That first day after getting his foot repositioned and into a new cast has been compared to getting braces tightened. He gets a couple doses of tylenol during the day which helps but he still needs lots of loving.
-Fortunately enough, he should not need a tenotomy (cutting his achilles tendon to lengthen it)!! We'll be able to go straight to bracing.
*Spencer is starting to look more and more like his dad. It's very interesting because he has become quite the daddy's boy. Anytime that Tim is home he insists on playing with him and being held by him. Mom is only good for food at that point. He'll be mad in my arms but then instantly happy once Daddy holds him.
Funny face! I promise that he was happy
I heart your blog background - love the colors and the owl :) Great pix of your little guy! I didnt know he had a cast on to correct his foot/leg but Im glad its working and that he doesnt need to get the tendon in his foot cut. Babies in bumbos are super cute! That is really neat and special that he got to wear Tim's baby blessing outfit for his own little blessing. Nice!
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable! Sean and I are so happy he doesn't need the tenotomy. It's nice you and Tim are getting back into your old routines now. :)
ReplyDeleteOh good! Aaron is going to the best mission in the world. Says me and Andrew. You'll have to let me know the areas he serves in. Maybe some of them will overlap with mine!
ReplyDeleteAs for the picture of Spencer with his shorts on his head, I wouldn't expect anything less of Tim. =P I'm so happy for you all! :)
Sounds like you're adjusting quite nicely to having a baby. :) He sure is a cute one! I'm glad everything is going well with his foot! Isn't it amazing how much energy little newborns take! Of course it helps that for the first month you're recovering from labor and delivery. :P
ReplyDeleteWhat a very busy time. The first months definitely are both bitter and sweet. Bitter because you get very little sleep, and sweet to finally have that wonderful baby your body worked so hard on.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you three are doing wonderful!