Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Has it really been a month?

    It certainly doesn't feel like it. I still stare at the brand new babies and wonder how my little guy got so big already. It's a good thing! But I definitely miss Spencer being teeny. He's two months old already! Time really does fly by.
    This month, I've come to realize many things. I remember how annoyed that I would be when all I would hear about from new parents would be their baby. Well... that is the most exciting thing ever going on! I know my days are spent snuggling, feeding, changing, and playing with Spencer. Our camera is also full of pictures of him. There are just so many cute things that we don't ever want to forget! I think being first time parents definitely affects how many of these moments get captured haha. I finally took one of myself the other day because he slept in his bed long enough for me to actually do my hair and I wanted to show it off (especially since my recent photos involve a sloppy ponytail).


Tim and I have also realized just how much more effort we have to put into being a couple. No wonder we're always advised to keep planning regular dates; it's so easy to get sidetracked by everything else. His job and church calling definitely keep him busy too so we're both having to spend even less time watching tv, using the internet, playing video games (okay so that one's just Tim, but still).
    Spencer is done wearing casts and is now in his brace! Yes, this is somewhat old news but no less exciting. He definitely remembers the orthopedic's office because he was happy but started fussing as soon as we got in there, even with me holding him. Once he realized that we were only putting shoes on instead of moving his foot and casting it, he settled right down. I could just imagine him thinking, "Oh, this isn't so bad. I can handle this."


look at my cool shoes! [keeping positive here :) ]

His five day adjusting period went better than most people that I had heard about. We got the same sleep at night with him in his bed while most babies wake up every 5-10 minutes so the parents sleep with them while in a recliner. Spencer did refuse to take naps on his own (again) but I'm grateful that his night sleep was not affected. He got startled the first few times that he would go to move his feet and both legs would move. Now he doesn't even care! He likes when I pretend that he's snowboarding or wakeboarding. Spencer also discovered how to skooch backwards with his brace so he'll do that a lot. Before he got his brace, Spencer managed to roll over from his back to his stomach all on his own! He's now back at square one but I imagine that it won't be long. He's already lifting his feet off the floor again.

Spencer's now ready for his belly to be filled since he's such a starving little boy ;) so I shall now just post pictures as he eats.

 Spencer & Andrius having a playdate

 
 Tim's really just looking at an art/comic book

 "Mom, these toys aren't very interesting. Are you done with laundry yet?"

Spencer loves to suck in that bottom lip now!

 

4 comments:

  1. I love the last picture too! Its my favorite. For some reason the first couple pix on the blog did not show up for me. Is anyone else having this problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard of other people having problems... I guess that I'll have to go back and try to fix it sometime. And the last one's my favorite too :)

    ReplyDelete