*Tim and I got many chores done while waiting for Spencer to decide to come.
The hole for our clothesline!
*Spencer kept us busy during his first week. We went to his regular check-up, dealt with some jaundice (but not bad enough to do labs or consider bili-lights), visited the ER due to circumcision bleeding (it was gushing) that clotted on its own before they did anything, meeting the pediatric orthopedic surgeon.... The second week was much more peaceful.
Tim got bored while in the ER... hence the 'unicorn' baby
*I realized how little I already knew about babies and being a mom despite all of my babysitting and working with kids. Tim and I also became even more grateful to have each other.*Spencer decided to roll onto his side after we laid him down for a diaper change.
*After lots of challenges, paging the nurse during almost every feed (when that was available), reading, and talking to others we finally got a hold of breastfeeding. I'm happy to have a baby who loves to suck which made it easier.
*I'm not pregnant anymore!!!
He loves his hands to be by his face. We've given up on swaddling since he hates it and wiggles his hands free anyways.


haha Sean and I love the unicorn baby picture! Life changes so much after a baby, so much learning and playing and no sleep.
ReplyDelete