Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Busy, busy, busy

    Time to write on here again! I keep thinking that I should add/take more photos, but frankly I'm tired of our camera. Tim says I just don't know how to use the old thing... I honestly don't have the time to worry about that right now. There's my complaint for the day!
    Spencer has been lots of fun lately and moving around, letting me feel him. I do have to be sitting or lying still though. He's awake and playing at random times during the day/night but definitely still likes classical music the most. Lately I also will start wanting chocolate milk so badly when I see Tim drink some. Even though I hate it and am allergic to milk (therefore I shouldn't drink it), it tastes so amazing that I could down the entire glass when I convince Tim to let me have a sip. Spencer also has decided to tease Tim. He'll be moving so I'll try to get Tim to see if he can feel that yet and then Spencer will just move away or stop. So funny Little Cub! Last night we got him though! Tim got to feel one, quick, little movement before Spencer caught onto what we were doing.
    David and Mindi visited for the weekend and it was really fun to see them. They have all of the pictures from our families together so I'll just post a link to her post about it later. I had lunch with them, my mom, and Jared on Friday at Costa Vida. Yum! I even was able to eat the entire burrito (think Chipotle size here). Trying to keep caffeine out of the mix, just to be safe, has been difficult for soda because I'm pretty much limited to Sprite when we go out... But they had a diet caffeine free coke! I went ahead and poured myself some even though I don't like diet sodas. I was ready for something besides Sprite. Later that weekend we also went to Joe's Real BBQ with the entire family, Mindi's family, and her sister-in-law's family. Haha, the funny thing is that meant our OB-Gyn was there with us for dinner and the play that night! His daughter married Mindi's brother. My mom had mentioned that fact before we started seeing him as my doctor and we love going to him. We all walked across the street to Hale Center Theatre after dinner to enjoy "It's A Wonderful Life." I even did the pregnant lady thing and bawled during the entire funeral scene even though they didn't have a coffin and it lasted through only one verse of "Amazing Grace." I really recommend going to that theatre when you get the chance! It's a nice, small place and the stage is in the middle with your seats all around the stage. Any seat you get is a good seat. Plus, the tickets aren't expensive and the actors do a really great job. Date night anyone?
    Sunday was the day that Ben got the Aaronic Priesthood and was ordained a deacon. How did he get that old?! He also only needs to grow about two more inches to be taller than I am... I knew that it would happen eventually. We stayed for church since Zach had his Primary program that day. I'm not sure about Tim, but I personally loved seeing some familiar faces again and some were so shocked to see me with a baby bump. Personal note: take a new picture of that... That night my entire family got together to carve pumpkins, celebrate the Fall birthdays, and to have peach cobbler. Tim finally got his Lego sets that he's been wanting! I told him to wait until we move to play with them so that they don't get lost haha.
     Friday night we had our friend get together party. We all dressed up and were ready for a trunk or treat. All of us were the only ones who showed up so we ended up going back to Ben and Hillary's place to eat our food and visit with each other instead. I do have a few pictures from that!

 Tim as my knight in shining armor, on a budget

 The gals and kiddos, we just left out our husbands.
Amanda and Courtney as fairies. Hillary and Wesley as Star Wars people. Deana as the sky and Noah as his daddy. Melissa and Isabelle were Wendy and Tinker Belle from Peter Pan. Spencer and me as skeletons.

 Courtney decided that she had to eat the huge apple. Yes, it's real. Isn't it gigantic?!


     House news: We ended up changing the way that we're financing our loan. The VA was too picky and difficult to work with. The appraiser took one look at the roof, said it wouldn't pass, and then appraised the house without looking further.... We're now doing an FHA loan which means our payments will be somewhat higher and we have to make a downpayment but we'll be able to do that. We negotiated repairs with the seller and he was willing to do a LOT of repairs. The roof has already been replaced (his contractor told him that it was impossible to do a patch job on that roof) and all of the other repairs were expected to be completed yesterday. Now we need the FHA appraiser to go out there to look at the house. Please pray, cross your fingers, etc that this one last hurdle goes well!! The lender won't loan us more than the house is appraised at so we're hoping that a)the house appraises fairly close to what the seller wants b)the seller has a soft enough heart to be willing to make it work or c)all of the above.
    I've recently been reading a very touching blog, Dear Stevie. The background of the blog is under the section 'Stevie's Story' or you can read the brief synopsis of the right hand side of her blog under 'background'. I won't give all of the details but please check it out, particularly this post about gifts. If you're a crier like I currently am, you may want a kleenex on hand (it's not disturbing, just touching).

3 comments:

  1. haha Tim is like a big kid, leggos. That will be fun for when Spencer comes too. Good luck with the house! I am praying for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So...you're just confirming the theory that my mom and I have been working on for years now. That boys are naturally programmed to love chocolate milk. =P

    I'm praying for option C too but I think it will be ok. Your seller sounds like a good person. :)

    And I love the Hale Theater. They have one here too and I've only gone once but I went pretty often to the one in Gilbert as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow I just went that blog your suggested. I cried... a lot. I can't imagine how painful that must have been for her. I keep hoping that these crazy hormones will go away but I think I will always be emotional when it comes to my little girl. Just the thought of not having her makes me cry. I'm so excited for you and your sweet little boy. They are such gifts! You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete