As Tim says, "My life is perfect! Honest." I actually love the way he views life as he has explained that statement to others throughout the week. So many people whine about if only I could have this or get rid of this trial. We have to remember that trials and struggles are part of our lives, a very important part. He sees these hard times as a part of his perfect life because it would be less without them. Tim has happy moments too, of course which make life that much sweeter. We do have much to be grateful for, even the hard times that we struggle through because they make us who we are and help us enjoy the good times even more.
We've spent some time with family and friends, hooray! I had a dinner date with my mom on Friday night which I enjoyed very much. We talked about lots of things and took Ben and Zach out for ice cream right afterwards. Zach is very dramatic. His hand felt like it was burning thanks to bug bites but he reacted like his hand was literally on fire. Tim and I also did sealings at the temple on Friday morning. It will probably be the last time we do before this baby comes. I almost passed out a couple of times but the sealer was very understanding. He even was asking us about the due date and other such things. His vote is that we have a little girl. We have mixed votes from all over the place, including me (I keep going back and forth...). That ultrasound is still at least 7 weeks away though.
This weekend we also took Mum (Benitez) shopping for her birthday and she picked out some new running shoes. The trip to the store was more of a family affair since so many people wanted to go to Big Five. Saturday was a cancer-free party for Mama Rogers that we went to. She's such a sweet and caring woman! I'm sure that Deana will write something about that party on her blog but hasn't been able to yet. Sunday was the baby blessing for Noah which was fun to go to. We saw quite a few friends, including Ben and Hillary's baby Wesley. He told me quite a few stories and blew spit bubbles at me (Hillary says that means he likes me). I loved seeing our friends and we were also able to preview the ward that we'll hopefully move into. More about that is below. That night we went to Mommy and Daddy Blake's house to watch Fiddler on the Roof. I love that musical! Tim does too, but he had hoped that we would break it up into two different nights instead of one. He worked on some of his sketches but nowhere near as much as I had anticipated. He even shushed me a few times so that he could pay attention better. Zach was entertaining as he tried to imitate Tevye's "If I Were a Rich Man" dance.
I feel like all these posts talk about something about houses.. Why should this one be any different? We signed all of the papers for an offer on that bigger, better, more beautiful house on Monday (as in last week). To our surprise, the contract had already been signed by the bank and escrow was already open before the end of the week!! Here we were expecting this short sale to have a looooong start. Now we need to get the house inspected and it should hopefully be better this time around :)
*Correction: We were misunderstanding what our realtor said :( The bank still has to approve the contract.... That may take awhile like we had initially thought. No inspections until that happens.
No comments:
Post a Comment