Monday, September 12, 2011

Public Transit and Dreams

Check out the little timeline thing of the baby over to the right ------>
I wrote about 9/11 so it'll lie just below this post (arrow pointing down)
If you want to check out Deana's post about Mama Rogers' Cancer Free Party then click here

Now that I'm done making my own commercials, sorry.... Public Transportation is oh so wonderful and oh so very interesting! I'm grateful that this travel option is available because it sure is saving me a ton of money by not parking in Downtown Phoenix. I'll even share a few of my adventures these past few weeks with you.
*Smokers are very self conscious about smoking on the platforms. They know it's against the rules so they'll move in front of you to smoke and then leave the butts on the ground before getting on the lightrail.
*I told the other story about a smoker on Facebook. As a recap, he freaked out when I asked him to move away since he "wasn't smoking" but surely had us all convinced.
*People will stand in front of doors with their bikes while riding the lightrail. There are also many people who are more comfortable standing than sitting in empty seats between other people.
*I have seen a family that I'm not sure if it was one mom with a bunch of kids or possibly two, maybe three moms. The girls were completely covered except for hands, face, and feet so it was hard to tell. However, the mom was allowed to show her neck and arms.
*I have seen a man wearing one of the long shirt/dress things that was white. He was only wearing a red shirt underneath. The white fabric was see-through...

One of my good friends asked me to write down a few of my amusing dreams that I've been having. As a reminder, these are typical for me but the hormones are now making them feel more real.
*I was getting ready for Melissa's wedding. I showed up and right before the ceremony she fired me as her Maid of Honor because I don't have a pet dog. I was so mad that I ran off, hid the dress, and locked it up because I knew Melissa would be coming to get it back from me later. Deana was over just talking to me and trying to calm me down. She had heard that Melissa only did it because all of the other bridesmaids hated me and coerced her to do it. Melissa came storming in, "I know you have the dress and it's hidden somewhere in here!" Deana, Melissa, and I were then talking like good friends and the entire fiasco was forgotten about. While we were visiting, Melissa realized that she was in labor when Isabelle's head popped out. I started helping her but Deana was too busy talking to notice. The baby's legs got stuck so Melissa just pulled her out the rest of the way and then Deana noticed. We called the ambulance.... Then I woke up. Note: Melissa got married last year, I was not in the bridal party, and she was very much pregnant when I had this dream.
*Tim and I were at the hospital as I was in labor. It was a very hectic scene. Next thing I knew, Tim and I were holding a little baby Mike who had passed away already. We were both crying for awhile and then an angel visited us. I became grateful for the small amount of time that we had with baby Mike and knew that it was a blessing that he was able to come at all.      Note: Mike is not on our list of names at all! I have a cousin named Michael and my brother's middle name is Michael...
*I was babysitting Noah when he became very sick. His skin was super hot to the touch! I was trying to get him to naturally cool down a bit by fixing him a cool bath. I ran into problems: the bath water would only get hotter no matter what I did and the tub was constantly overflowing. I kept trying to no avail. Deana then came home and I explained to her the problem in tears. She instantly was able to get cold water and the tub water was low enough for a newborn. I think my mind's trying to tell me about Mommy Magical Powers...

1 comment:

  1. I love the dreams. The one about baby mike was very sweet. And its true about the mommy magical powers. You get endowed with them when you become a mommy and they just grow stronger and stronger :)

    ReplyDelete