That was me welcoming myself back to the computer/blogging stuff that I typically do. Yes, it hasn't been very long but I had committed to a post every week.
I missed last week because all of Ecuaco was getting ready for the Marine Corps Ball. Tim with drill, uniform stuff, etc and me with dress fittings and making a flower. Making the flower was oh so messy! But it turned out really awesome and the floor vacuumed up right away.
The food at the ball was really good and we got to sit next to some cool people this year. Last year we were sitting next to someone who had a date coming but she never showed until the end of the ball. But he still made the people bring food for her (and he ate parts of it). I loved that Tim got to dress up in his dress blues this year since last year he didn't have everything he needed for that uniform. I also got 2 roses during dinner :) One big plus was that somehow they managed to have everything on schedule. They are famous for running late, but not this year! I posted photos onto Facebook for those who are on there. But here's a couple anyways:
This week has been exciting. Tim has volunteered twice for Toys for Tots this week which meant he dressed up again. But that's not the fun part. Adriana (me!) was working on a lab writeup for the Body Composition Lab for Exercise Physiology. I had put in at least 2 hours doing calculations. Then a little window popped up saying it was "Windows Security Suite" and that it was running a virus scan..... It's a virus!! A new, nasty, evil virus that makes you think it's antivirus software. HA! Basically, it sits on your computer until it can finally work its way around your firewalls, antivirus software, etc. So once you know it's there (and you antivirus) it is too late. The best part is that it immediately sets to work on destroy the Windows Operating System. Bye bye lab! Bye bye computer!
I started all over on my lab Wednesday night, the night before it's due, and emailed my teacher informing him of what went on. Fortunately I got it done in time. And thanks to a friend's advice I was able to download a program that deleted the virus. Although I had to run the scan twice to get rid of the entire thing, it was eventually destroyed. Once that was done I saved all my files and documents onto something else before reinstalling Windows. Sadly, it was not that easy... Once reinstalled the sound, internet, and some other things were not working. I tried and gave up. So right now Jared is tinkering with it and has at least gotten the internet working again.

No comments:
Post a Comment