Baby
Sorry that there is no cute nickname for you like some people do. I promise that I love you immensely! You are the pickiest yet with all of the intense cravings and aversions. Thankfully the aversions seem to be dying off, at least for now. You have been growing well and I can even feel some of your kicks now. I am grateful that you're here and am anxiously waiting for your birthday.
You started going to nursery last month. I can hardly believe how quickly you've transitioned into toddlerhood/little girl hood. In fact you kept trying to sleep in Spencer's bed so I put the extra crib mattress on the floor. You've been loving your "big girl bed" and hardly ever sleep in the crib now. You always want to wear undies but are still figuring out how the timing and using the potty actually works... So to your dismay you wear diapers. Sometimes I amuse you and put the undies on over the diaper. I love how deeply and honestly you love and care for us. One night you fell asleep in the car on the way home and when you woke up in the middle of the night you wouldn't calm down until you knew Mommy & Spencer were home and okay. It seems like you don't know what to do when you're awake and Spencer isn't yet. I love hearing you sing and dance along to songs. Daddy and I swear that you'll be singing your ABC's within a few months. You still love wearing your dresses, tutus, bows, and being a princess. You are so excited about the baby in Mommy's tummy and love reading your baby books. The idea clicked in even more when your friend, Bekah's, baby sister was born last month. I suspect that you view Bekah as your best friend since you talk about her on a weekly [if not daily] basis. You loved having Aunt Jessie visit us and were so upset and worried about her after she had to go back home. So now you always want to see pictures and sometimes have me send her your picture. Don't worry sweetie, we plan to see her again.
Spencer
I don't even know where to begin with you, my silly silly boy! You have a giant heart of love. Right now you're learning that Lily is still smaller than you so you can't smother her with hugs or wrestle with her like you do with Daddy. Your heart is always in the right place. Nap time is becoming more nonexistent for you.. So some evenings, when you are exhausted, you become.... argumentative? unsure of what you really want? I try not to laugh or get too frustrated. Example: "Mommy, I want to eat my s'ghetti!" "Okay, you can eat your spaghetti." "No! I no want s'ghetti. I'm all done!!" "That's fine. You can go wash up." "Noooo! I want my s'ghetti. I not done!" and on and on... You are still loving your gymnastics class and are starting to want it to be more than just once a week. If we found the cost to be reasonable/more justified then trust me that we would let you. But for now playing outside and other activities will have to get your wiggles out. You've started singing your favorite songs word for word. Although you only sing your favorite verses of "The Wheels on the Bus" and give me a mad, bored glare when I try to sing the song with all of the other verses. Honestly, most of the time you bring me laughter and you love it. You've even nicknamed yourself "Silly Spencer" because you want to be silly. You are also super excited for this next baby and are always talking about it. Our last appointment with the midwife you wanted to get dressed and leave for "Stephanie's house" before she was even at the office and you'd eaten breakfast. Every time you take your place on the siblings' stool and help check on your baby. We heard the heartbeat and you were somewhat surprised that we didn't hear the baby cry. We will once baby is born.
Me
Shortly after my last blog post I signed up for and started a yoga teacher training program. It was amazing! While recovering from my miscarriage I had such a strong prompting that this is what I was to do next. I put it off thinking I was crazy. Then I searched and the first one that I found was taking signups to start in a few weeks, a reasonable price, and conveniently located near my parents. I ended up postponing thinking they'd be full so close to the start date... Oops. I was reminded again so I called and surely enough got in. So for 3.5 months my children and I lived part time at my parents' house while I went to class on evenings and some weekends. All I can say in a short summary is wow, what an amazing life-changing path I was perfectly set on. I am doing my final assignments outside of class now and then will be an official yoga instructor. Just before Christmas we learned that we were expecting again! I am now 16 weeks pregnant. This whole pregnancy has been filled with a reassurance that this pregnancy is fine. I was even surprised I declined an early ultrasound to check on baby when my midwife offered it for my peace of mind. Now we're at the point for the anatomy ultrasound! I still need to schedule that.. Going with a midwife is a change from who we saw with my other babies. It has absolutely nothing to do with my OB. Rather it is because I found an amazing midwife whom I've clicked with [bonus is her office is so much closer to my home]. Another plus for me is that she's a home birth midwife. FYI: I don't judge anyone else's choices because I'm not you and there's many options because we're all different people ;) So I promise to not be all preachy, judgmental, or anything else like some people may be. I'm choosing a home birth simply because it is what is right for me. So I've been busy gathering things for the birth kit [even though I don't need it ready yet] and decluttering my house as my nesting so far. It feels a little strange for me since the only nesting I remember doing before was sewing little things for my babies. Oh well.
Tim
You're still in school and working a bunch of hours. It's been difficult for you to balance everything, especially since your current class has an unreasonable amount of homework. We're both starting to count down to your graduation since it's less than a year away now if all continues to go well on that end. The stresses and time suck is difficult on everyone. You now are the Sunday School President in the ward instead of Ward Mission Leader. The change has really been eye-opening on the attitude and participation level of many ward members in any and all callings..
No comments:
Post a Comment