Tuesday, February 11, 2014

January 2014

Tim
He was too excited to play with his train. He didn't
even let anyone open it first!
*School school school school school school school. Well there was also work but his class this month took up lots of time. There was lots of reading and posting to do.
*You managed to be the only one of us who didn't get full out sick with the flu and managed to take care of everyone despite feeling crummy. I love you so much for that and know that you understand how I feel whenever I'm sick but must continue life as a mom and wife.
Silly enough to wear sister's headband
*The leaky pipes became your project to oversee. Oh what a project it became too. You spent an entire day with other ward members replacing a disintegrated pipe, mopping up water, and tearing down new framework.

Spencer
*You are such a silly boy who knows just how to get Mom and Daddy to laugh. Daddy will ask you what different things say and you say, "Tickle! Tickle!" just to get tickled. There's also your silly faces and noises.
*According to you animals don't have names (except ducks). Rather, they are known by the sounds they make.
*You've almost completely lost interest in potty training. I am not surprised but somewhat disappointed. Your first time trying underwear failed and got upset about going back to a diaper after peeing on yourself 3 times in a row. Cookies are also apparently the only good reason to pee in the potty chair.... But you can't have eggs any more... and Mom has been too busy/lazy to make egg-free ones
My happy princess
*Lily seems to cheer you up almost always. The only time you'd rather not see her is when you're really sick or tired.
*We still need to work on making plans together. I never seem to know ahead of time when you plan on playing with friends, having lunch with Grandma, or going to the store. They don't seem to get the memo either... Sometimes your plans just happen to work out with what I've come up with. But sometimes it just doesn't work [like when I need to stay home to do laundry]. I need more notice than when you go to grab your shoes and (try) to head out the door.

Lily
*This month you rolled over the other direction! So now you've figured out that rolling can help you go places. It's sometimes slow going but you do know where you want to go.
*Food gets you so excited! Well except for when we actually try to feed you. Then you just spit it out, gag, refuse it, or suck your thumb instead.
So sick :(
*You caught the flu and shared it with the whole family. Your temperature got really high and Tylenol didn't help which scared me (and made you feel miserable). All you wanted was for Mom to hold you constantly. I am so grateful that you got better.
*You got to visit the allergist and have joined the food allergy club. It turns out that you are allergic to coconut. Sadly, coconut is in a LOT of places since so few people are allergic and it has all sorts of health benefits [when you're not allergic anyways].
C is for coconut: the only spot that grew and raised up
*When you wake up you just talk and talk and talk! It is such a happy sound to hear :) You also get louder and louder until I get out of bed to pick you up. Sometimes you start crying when I haven't woken up after a few minutes. You are quite patient. Thank you.

Adriana
*I managed to take care of children and the house while sick with the flu. It was quite the experience... There were definitely two days full of movies because that was all I could manage to do. It really made me miss being taken care of instead of being the caretaker.
*Despite the extra laundry and time, I went back to using cloth diapers more. I still using disposables when out and about and at night. But I missed using the cloth diapers and realized that I had enough sanity back that it was time to start saving a little money again.
Outside and chalk and the best in this boy's mind.
Oh and TMNT
*I've been expanding the collection of delicious, simple recipes I use for family meals. Not all of them have been hits with a toddler in the house. But I've found myself more willing to cook dinner.
*I finally made my Christmas pajama pants!! I was the only one missing mine on Christmas because I had to add a different piece of fabric for the right length. Maybe this year I'll only make some for the children...
*Looking back I can only remember the typical stay at home mom things that I've done. I do hope to get back to my blogging though. And hopefully that will lead to me remembering more exciting/different things to share.


Cloth on the bum
"What are you feeding me?!"
We get this almost all of the time...

1 comment:

  1. You have such a cute little family! I'm glad you updated, I like to see how your kiddos are growing!

    ReplyDelete