Tim
*Started and finished his first semester back at school. School for what? Game design. Think of video games. He's been loving it so far and we are all so grateful that his program is an online one.
*Got a power-drill for Christmas and is now super excited about his projects around the house. Thank you Santa! He also loves to do his Tim the tool-man Taylor impression when he gets it out.
*When school, work, and family don't keep him occupied enough the missionaries certainly do. Now that our ward has its own set of missionaries he's had more opportunities to help them out. He's still the ward mission leader too. It certainly makes Sundays very busy for him. But it's a good kind of busy.
Spencer
*Spencer is our happy, little ball of energy. Outside is the best place to be and he thinks the day is not complete without going somewhere, anywhere. There is also no such thing as ever being still. No really: kicking feet during dinner, rolling all over in bed, lifting plate in between bites, etc. Dull moments do not exist.
*He loves Lily! These two are inseparable at times. If Spencer's not playing with trains or making music then he's probably over giving Lily hugs and toys. He even alerts me when she's upset.
*Very interested in mimicking and helping out around the house. His favorite chores are cooking, sweeping, dishes, and laundry. There was one night that he took out Granny's pots. He went to the spices so someone put the pots away. He started shaking the spices where his pots were, realized the pots were missing, found his pots, and then shook his spices in the pots in their new spot.
*We finally have his breathing issues mostly under control!! Spencer was diagnosed with asthma which makes so much sense to me. He's had so many wheezing occurrences... The right medication has made such a difference for him.
*He finally passed 20lbs!!! [with a wet diaper and shoes... but we're taking it!] That means that we turned his carseat around to forward facing. He is loving it and so are we.
*Love love love love loves trains! Trains are the absolute favorite now and he hasn't stopped talking about them, playing with them, pretending to be one, or making his own ever since we were in Nevada during Thanksgiving.
Lily
*Sometimes she's Daddy's girl but a lot of the time she's Mommy's girl. Today Lily even cried because Daddy was playing with her and Mommy went to put labels on some packages [even though she was just changed and fed].
*She insists on being the baby. Talking about future babies upsets her. She also refuses to sit up even though she's completely capable of doing so. She'd rather be held or lie on the floor. We're going to let her enjoy her time as the baby.
*Lily is such a happy person! She is very calm, patient, smiley, and full of giggles. When she wakes up in the morning she rolls onto her back and starts talking away with some laughter, very loudly.
*We love peekaboo, talking, Sophie the giraffe, Spencer, and books.
*She already seems to be a picky eater. Rice cereal is loved but applesauce and sweet potatoes have been snubbed. I think there will be some 'hiding' of vegetables to come..
Adriana
*I have survived these past few months! After having Lily I felt amazing and great until Tim went back to work... Then I was a sobbing mess whenever he wasn't around. And then he started school a month after Lily was born... I hated the timing but also wanted to get Tim's schooling over with.
*Sometimes I've managed to get most of the chores done in the week. Most of the time I end up leaving laundry on the couch, dishes in the sink, don't want to cook... It has gotten better as time has gone on. But to everyone else out there: I am in no way perfect!
*I have been working on many sewing projects during the evenings between the children's bedtime and my own. I do feel like I need to stop coming up with new ideas until I can catch up though.
*Finally got some new clothes! My pre-maternity clothes do not fit... And I don't know if they ever will... But it will be awhile until they do if they do. Would working out help? Maybe a little bit [which I know all about]. But my body is being extremely picky about making milk. It will make lots but if I change anything up [like what I eat or trying to do any exercise beyond a short walk] then Lily doesn't have enough to drink the next day. So for now I am learning to embrace my new self because this time will be gone too soon.
*I finally got around to donating my hair. It is now short and I'm liking it so far. Sometimes I miss my long hair... But the short is good for now.
What else has happened?
*We've been trying to have more play dates. Spencer loves playing with his friends! I am getting better about getting out of the house and being social. I will admit that I can be a homebody at times... So if you live near me then please help me remember to be social haha.
*My Grandpa Blake passed away in November. He's had heart issues for years and as long as I can remember it was 'any day' for him. I also didn't know him as well as I would have liked to so I was somewhat surprised/relieved when I did start to cry during his funeral. Tim ended up staying home with the flu but Spencer, Lily, and I were able to drive up with my mom.
*We took a break from cloth diapers once Tim started school because I needed my sanity. Washing cloth diapers really isn't that much more but it was one small thing that I could let go of. Now we're back at it with different diapers since we really need that part of our budget to go to all of the different bills that keep coming up.
Lily just woke back up so now I shall finish with pictures. That's the best part, right?
HELLOoo!
"Cheese!"
I love that Spencer will sometimes snuggle with me now.
Spencer thinks that all of the toys are free game for him too.
Playing trains with his Papa.
My grandpa was Spencer's favorite person while we were
in Nevada. He still talks about his choo-choo Papa.
So close to rolling over while playing around!
Lily mostly rotates around while lying on her back.
My climber. He got up here all by himself
to get an apple fritter while I wasn't looking.
Spencer made his own train.
Rebekah Howell and Lily during a play date
Bekah decided to roll over Lily
Sharing toys is fun. But not when sister wants the firetruck..
He brought her a doll because she wanted the truck.
And so it begins!
Lily's own dolly from Grandma. She loves it but has
toys that are more of a favorite right now.
Getting ready for Christmas!
Lily supervised and inspected the stockings.
I can't get enough of this view! Snuggles,
thumb sucking, sleeping, my baby girl
Remember how I said that Lily dislikes applesauce?
Crayons in a box was a brilliant idea
Right after my haircut
Christmas pajamas!
We got a Spencer for Christmas!
He really wanted to stay under the tree
instead of go to bed on Christmas Eve.
Santa came to our house. I am so grateful and touched
that we were thought of this year.
Tim's present!!! I don't even remember how much time
I spent on this quilt... But I do remember starting
it in the summer.
Tim's drill inspired him to finally install the
doors on the entertainment center.
My silly boy and my favorite diaper.
It has math equations all over it :D
I love your hair! You're such a cutie :) and Spencer and Lilly just get more and more adorable. We need more play dates. Its tough when there is so much going on with all of us. But we need our girl time.
ReplyDelete