Dear Lily,
Here you are, a baby and no longer a newborn. You bring such happiness, peace, and calm into our lives. Now that you are here on Earth none of us can remember what our family was like without you. I love your cuddles and kisses. We have to remember to play on the floor with you because of how much you enjoy being held and talked to. You would do that all day long if I let you [and sometimes I try to]. I also have to be careful because you just love to watch tv. How much do you like it? Well, I've tried facing you away from the tv but you just arch your back and turn your head to where you can still watch it anyways.
Spencer loves having you to play with. Thank you for being so understanding and patient as he learns how to be gentle. The one day that you took an interest in his fire truck was when Spencer realized that maybe he didn't want to share everything with you. Daddy is actually somewhat calm with you but still gets those tickles in for as long as you allow him. Along with talking, you also enjoy blowing raspberries and other silly sounds
Now at four months you're even starting to play with toys! Only your lamb, baby doll, and activity center actually pass as acceptable toys though. This past week you giggled at a game of peekaboo, until you decided that the blanket was much better suited for eating. I certainly can't blame you.
Daddy and I have decided that your thumb sucking is cute, at least for now. I did fight the good fight but you wouldn't budge. Once you found your thumb that was it for you. I would put you to bed with a binky only to walk by two minutes later with it hidden underneath the blankets and your thumb in your mouth. After two weeks of this I finally realized that you weren't willing to let this one go. Can we just agree that you'll quit before kindergarten? [Let's not be like me in that regard].
I am not sure when or how but you have already decided on the fact that you are a princess. Considering that you're a daughter of God that certainly is true. One evening you became very upset when it was time to change into pajamas. Why? Well your outfit for the day had people calling you a princess and you weren't done being a princess. You decided to calm down once I offered 'princess' jammies. Another night I mentioned that I was putting your giraffe jammies on... You became very upset and yet again questioning revealed that only princess pajamas would suffice. We then discussed how princesses can wear giraffes too and you settled with that. Any time you're called a princess you get a huge grin and giggle. You also love wearing your headbands and have a couple personal favorites.
Today you got to try out eating some applesauce. That was the only option that made you happy when we discussed it. Well.... You certainly did not seem to like it. I'm sorry for laughing but I was not expecting such a sour face to be made. Maybe in a few days we'll let you try something else to eat. There's plenty of food out there so you'll eventually find something that you like. Keep growing big and strong my little princess!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment