Sunday, April 21, 2013

24 Weeks

Dear Lily,
   I'm not sure how or when we missed the halfway mark of you residing in my belly! Okay so that's not quite true... I'm definitely in denial that we're now technically on the downhill side of this ride together. Looking back I know that I 'missed' that halfway point because that's the weekend that your big brother was in the hospital. I know that all mom's say this, but could we just slow down a bit? I want to enjoy this time with you inside of me some more and not just watch the days fly by. I also kept telling myself that I'd have more fun projects done for you by now. Time for Mommy to accept this and enjoy every last moment of being pregnant with you.
   You are so calm but very strong nowadays. I feel you moving just often enough to know that you're alive and well. Many times you find a comfy spot and don't leave it for days at a time. Spencer adores you already and I hope that you love him so much too. We always talk about you and he gives you loves. I'm sorry that he also finds you to be a great seat when I'm holding him.. You'll probably do the same thing to your little sibling(s) so don't hold that against him too long. I love seeing that you know who Daddy and Spencer are since you respond to them touching my belly. Although I am somewhat jealous when you purposely become still when I put my hand onto my belly. I still feel you from the inside baby girl!
    I love getting to know you and your personality. Please continue sharing your wonderful spirit with us and we can't wait to see your sweet face in about four months. We also have some cute girly things all ready for you!

Love,
Mom

24 weeks!

Best view we got of your face. You kept glancing over at us real quick
but would go back and then glance again. I felt like you were thinking,
"What's that? Oh well... Wait why's it still there? Whatever."

Your feet which appear to be oh so healthy and perfect!

2 comments:

  1. I love mommy letters. I still need to do one for my little girl. This is so sweet and I'm sure she will love reading it someday. You are so cute! Also I love that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story, since your baby's name is Lily, I always thought that "lilypie" was a nickname that you put on that ticker. Then I clicked on it and realized that it's the name of the website =P

    ReplyDelete