Monday, December 10, 2012

It's Starting to Feel Like Christmas!

   We've been busy over here trying to work on Christmas presents. Spencer is quite the helper. He loves to sit on my lap and watch me sew, wrap, and other things [like eat open packaged presents]. He thinks that it's quite fun to watch the sewing machine's needle move up and down. It is quite adorable. His help also means that I have to spend more time doing things. BUT we're spending time together! He even has some gifts done already. If only I were so productive ;)
    Last night we took Spencer out to see the Christmas lights on the temple. He loved it! Tim and I were constantly stopping to point out the different colors and places that the lights were at. I was definitely seeing the wonder of Christmas through his eyes; it was all brand new again. Each stop resulted in Spencer wiggling around in his stroller with great excitement.
    I have started to take more advantage of making outings whenever we get the chance to go out. Not having the option to really go anywhere once Tim's at work really makes a difference. So Spencer and I went to play at the park on Saturday while Tim was there for his Kali class (I hope that's how it's spelled). This weekend was his first time back since... probably since early on in our marriage. Spencer and I ate breakfast while watching the men move around. I joked that Daddy and his friends were dancing which made Spencer laugh. We then went swinging, sliding, bouncing on a horsie, and walked around the park. Alas, I have no pictures. But it was quite fun and Mommy realized that she's a bit too tall for some of the slides there. Tim still wasn't done with his class so I took Spencer in the car to visit Grandma and Farfar.
     Saturday was also the day that Spencer decided that he wanted to wear his tie. I always let him pick out his clothes and that tie was the first thing he went for. I went ahead and grabbed him a collared shirt and pulled out some options for pants. He chose his mustache legwarmers. It was completely adorable!


   Other adventures for the week included avocado face masks during dinner, eating markers, standing up in bed [goodbye bedtime...], grocery shopping, early bedtimes for me on some nights, one night with only one wake-up call from Spencer [YAY!!!], a night with wake-up calls every 2 hours [....], and being more consistent with scripture reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment