Those exist, right? This week went out with a bang which leaves me searching hard for a silver lining in all of this. Back story: Thursday left me with a very cranky little boy once Tim left for work. I figured that he was missing Tim since he'd been spending all of his free time trying to finish up a picture that he's been working on for months. He finally cried himself to sleep and then was feverish throughout the night. He was fine during the day on Friday though. That lasted until late afternoon though. I ended up arguing with the oncall doctor [definitely not as impressed with him as we are with his normal doctor] and then took him into urgent care. Lo and behold Spencer has a double ear infection. I finally got antibiotics in him and put him to bed at 10pm that night. Today it also looks like he might be allergic to the medicine.
My car had also been acting up so we finally took it to the mechanic on Friday. They determined that it is indeed the transmission so we have to take it to a different place. We went to pick it up and they couldn't get my car started... So Monday we'll call the other place, drive back to the mechanic, get them to get it going, drive it there, and leave it. I keep hoping that it's something that we'll be able to afford. I'm not quite ready to let go of Winston... While he's old he's still an AMAZING car and doesn't even have 80,000 miles on him yet.
I have been keeping myself from saying that things couldn't get worse, because well they could. I am honestly trying to find all of the good and positive things. There will be a turn around coming eventually. We just ran into a really bad
day weekend. Right? Tomorrow may be an extension of the weekend's luck with my fillings, taking Winston in, and making an appointment for Spencer to get fitted for new shoes. But I know that all days aren't bad. Plus, even these bad days have good moments [like getting some snuggles from Spencer when he's awake].
Oh that sounds like a tough weekend! I'm glad you are trying to stay positive and find those silver linings. You are one good mama. I hope everything works out with your car and Spencer. This week will be better becasue you all get to pig out on yummy food :) Keep your head up. love ya.
ReplyDelete