Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Independence Week

   I'm not talking about the 4th of July type of independence. I mean that Spencer has suddenly decided that he's going to be super independent now. Remember how he was working on crawling? Well, he's all but there now. He's crawling on his elbows and knees which means he's technically not reached that milestone. But still, he's crawling. Everywhere. 


Andrius still goes faster with his inch-worming and has even started climbing. Spencer will get there but is still overcoming a bad fall. Apparently he pulled himself up to stand on the stepstool and then biffed it. Tim saw Spencer do it but he hasn't even tried since.

Silly Andrius
   Last week also got interesting when Spencer suddenly refused to be spoon-fed at all anymore. He'd eat finger foods but wasn't having any of the mushy stuff. Seven-and-a-half month olds are apparently far too independent to be fed don't you know? I have gotten him to swallow some pride and eat from a spoon again which is good because I have lots of pureed food in the freezer for him.

Avocado everywhere! Still wasn't as messy
as I thought that it would be.


   Spencer has also started drinking from a sippy cup! We don't use it all the time but I thought it was a long time coming. He usually just plays with the cups like toys and spits everything out (if he gets any juice out). But on Friday he wasn't drinking his bottle. I grabbed his sippy cup and he went to town chugging away. I was shocked!

1 comment:

  1. Thats so fun he is mobile now! I think some babies never crawl in the conventional way so maybe he is just an elbow crawler? Either way that is exciting! He is such a little man, trying to eat all by himself and drinking from the sippy cup. Can't wait to see you all again.

    ReplyDelete