You are now seven months old (plus a day). I was told constantly that time with you would fly by but I never expected it to be as fast as it has been. There are times that I feel like you should still be the small, cuddly, helpless newborn. I hope that you'll forgive me for that. I see your independence constantly growing and I hope for you to become the great man I can see you're meant to be.
My "dreams" of life with you in our family were quite different than what life actually is. I would not trade these past seven months though. You are always so resilient with everything that God gives you to work through. The smiles and happy babbling that come from you are bursts of sunshine during trials. When you were sick recently, people didn't believe me because you still laughed and played. Please continue to be a happy person throughout your life. It's much better than being another Eeyore. The world has far too many of those in my opinion.
I love your persistence in learning how to move around, grab things, and explore this beautiful world. Tonight, you kept trying to reach the humidifier to figure out what it was while I was thinking that I'd help you put on pajamas. You were not happy with me for disrupting your work. I hope for you to keep that attitude with all of your learning. There will be times that you will need to be interrupted though. It's part of life.
Music speaks strongly to you. I do not pretend to know what role music will play in your life, but I do know that it will be there. Music can be powerful in many ways and I hope that you continue to choose for it to be a good influence. I know that your love for music has brought our family closer together as we encourage you to discover different methods of playing. Dad and I have also become more observant to the music we have since we know that you are listening too.
Dad and I are also being more consistent with reading scriptures as a family thanks to you. Scripture time is the one time that you are excited that we're reading you stories. The other books you just want to eat. I know that you feel different when we read the scriptures and that's because the Spirit is telling you of their truth. Hold onto that testimony.
So many people love you, Spencer. And you give that love back. I may get impatient with you at times, but please remember that I'm not perfect. We're all teaching each other to become better people. I will always love you, wholeheartedly. That's what mothers do.
Love,
Mom
I love that hat! :)
ReplyDelete