Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Birthday

   Happy 29 years to my husband, Tim! Our celebrations have been a little more drug out this year. Since he couldn't go out for all of the fun freebies, I wanted to be sure that he still had a fun time. Tim ended up with Friday off and we went out for lunch, just the two of us. Can you guess what kind of food we had? If you guessed Chinese food, then you're right. That was his theme for his birthday I guess. He went to a Chinese buffet with brothers as part of his birthday, we went to Chinese together, and then it was homemade "Chinese" food with the families on his birthday.
   Some of my plans went well for him while others didn't. I did manage to keep his present a secret as well as having a big dinner with both his and my family together.

Showing off HIS diaper for Spencer at 
the family birthday dinner

We were going to have a fun double date with our friends Sean and Deana but they ended up being sick and cancelled on us hours before. I had already put a lasagna in the crockpot so we ended up asking other people to come over anyways. I also had a BIG idea for his birthday present: installing flooring in the basement so that he can have his art office. Well.... it wasn't quite that simple. The floor isn't level, the electrical needs to be redone, the wood panel walls were splitting at the bottom, and the panels were on concrete instead of frames. So all that got done in time for his birthday was the demolition...
   On his birthday, Spencer helped me put some leftover pancakes into the toaster and watched me cook an egg. We then carefully took it into Tim to wake him up [Spencer thought it'd be a good idea to smash it for him but I was a fun-sucker and stopped him]. He was certainly surprised because right away he said, "Oh, I was going to make waffles for you..." On his birthday! I love that man haha but I'm glad that I beat him to making breakfast.

He took his food to the table and he turned it into a family breakfast. We still had some time before General Conference so he go see what I've been hiding for him in the basement. I made him close his eyes and guided him downstairs. Tim opened his eyes, looked around, and didn't say anything. The look on his face was saying, "What's going on? Am I missing something?" because there wasn't a box or bag down there. I then explained it all to him.

 I did manage to get a picture with all of us! 
It's not the greatest but self portraits never really are.
 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Tim had a fun birthday with all his celebrations and chinese food. I love the diaper!
    We were so sad to have to cancel that day. I'm glad you guys still had a good night. We hopefully can get together soon!

    ReplyDelete