Monday, August 22, 2011

Inspections, and stuff

     Last time it sounded like the house was all secure... Don't panic! We got the house inspected on Thursday, yay! It is definitely true that inspectors will find anything and everything wrong with the house. It is good to know so that you can make sure proper things get fixed. It also results in a scary picture being painted. For our *almost* house, the major concerns include replacing the water heater, a few shingles that were attached to the roof with nails (they were supposed to use tar and a torch), termite damage to the trim (the house itself isn't wood, aside from the addition), spliced wires, and exposed wires.
     I realized that there is one more hurdle to overcome in the process of the house being secure: VA appraisal. The VA is very picky about the quality of house that their money funds in a loan so they require that one of their appraisers comes out to look at the house. Some of their appraisers are very nit-picky while others really aren't. We won't know who we get until it's already happening. The appraiser has power to say "This must be fixed before closing or we won't pay." The house is being sold as-is, thank you banks.... So we'll have to see what the appraiser dislikes (definitely the water heater), see if the bank might be willing to do anything, see if they'll let us fix stuff before closing, and then decide if it's all worth it. We'll see what happens.. There you go, Jessica! You can sit on the edge of your seat again :P
      Tim's been busy working, drawing, playing video games, helping me out, nagging about a 3DS again... He seriously has been helping me out though and deserves the "Husband of the Week Award" as far as I'm concerned. He did the laundry this weekend while I was at work rather than waiting for me to get home (that's typically my chore). Last night I was spending a lot of time getting ready for school today despite feeling ready for bed at 7:30. I gave up at 11 just thinking I'd make my lunch/snacks in the morning. Tim made me a tasty lunch with lots of food before he went to bed since he was staying up later anyways :) I'm constantly reminded why I love him so much!
      I think the baby has already started to play games with its daddy. Yesterday, I woke up with a fairly flat belly. Tim was sad because he loves rubbing my bigger tummy to say hi to the baby. I thought maybe it was because I had just woken up and used the bathroom. He left the bedroom and I got dressed for church. While doing so I rubbed my belly and then I felt my belly move back out (or inflate as Tim calls it). I teased the baby for hiding from Daddy since he just wanted to say hi. The other option is the baby just loves to curl up near my back during the night... I don't know!

1 comment:

  1. Oh good! I don't know what I would do if I wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat! =P I hope everything goes well. I'm tempted to wonder who needs a water heater in Arizona anyway though...except maybe to get cool water. That's where my mom says they get theirs...because its hidden from the sun, unlike the pipes which aren't buried very deep I guess =P

    Baby Benitez is so cute already! I think I could definitely spent the next 8 or 9 months on the edge of my seat. :)

    ReplyDelete