I suppose that's what you could call what's been going on over here. Although it really hasn't been that bad, except for yesterday. Sorry I missed last week, but it's little incentive to get on when worrying about grades and you see that nobody has commented in several posts... But there are still people out there and we love you all the same!
The day after Thanksgiving we put up our Christmas tree and the few little decorations that we have. Okay, they all came from me but we're married now. There are even 2 little presents sitting underneath already! What's more exciting is seeing the lights and somebody has even sent us a Christmas card already. Christmas time is one of the best times of the year.
My finals start this week. Yay!.. I am taking one more final than I had hoped to since my test scores in that class keep going lower and lower. If possible I want to maintain my high G.P.A. We'll see what happens :) That means this week is studying.
Last week my new netbook came in! Tim and I had discussed the fact that my laptop was even slower once it got fixed from the virus, I mean malware. Taking at least 5 minutes to start up and then being super slow while running everything just was not productive for schoolwork. There was a netbook on sale for fairly cheap so we jumped on the chance. Much lighter and faster! We still have to finish getting the antivirus straightened out before the trial version runs out but that's doable.
In preparation for our trip to Nevada, Winston got outfitted with brand new tires. Good thing too since the old ones were bald. Not balding, bald. Tim shall help me check the air pressure in my tires and stuff so that that doesn't happen too soon. I also let work know that if anybody is sick this next week that I shall be unable to come over. One major reason for the trip is to see my grandpa who's going through chemotherapy and if we carry any sickies then he will get it for sure and have difficulty fighting it off. We also hope to let my dad's side of the family a chance to meet Tim since none of them made it down for the wedding.
This weekend Tim had drill but forgot to tell work until it was too late. Nothing could be done to get his schedule switched around with other people. Friday he tried to sleep all day before leaving for work that night. There at work he changed into his uniform and left early to go to drill straight from there. I kept myself busy with a little bit of work, going to the grocery store, a bridal shower, and some cleaning. Tim finally got home last night around 7:30pm, ate dinner, and went straight to bed for a nap. Shortly after 10 he was up again, getting shaved and dressed for work. This time I drove him, I would've been too worried if he had drove himself. Once home I went ahead and showered, told him goodnight, etc. Once lying down in bed under the covers I realized "Today is our 6 month anniversary. We're doing good :)" I texted him a quick little message about that and then drifted off to sleep. Today I picked him up from work and then started getting ready for church while he rested for a little bit. Tim made it to Sacrament Meeting and then went home for more sleep which I don't blame him for. And right now he's off back to the base to take care of a ticket he got since a headlight is out on his car. That's next to take care of on the to-do list!
So when is your trip to Nevada? We would have come down for the wedding, but it was right before our play started and I really couldn't get away. I think your brother got married when I had classes and tests. Hopefully the next one is scheduled at a time we can make it!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you two are pretty busy. I hope your finals turn out good and you keep your GPA.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you in a couple weeks.
I would comment more...but I have been busy doing pretty much the same thing as you. Only in place of work there has been...I don't know what. =P
ReplyDeleteGlad things are going well and you have your tree up! What fun! Our new apartment has 9-10 foot ceilings which are PERFECT for a nice big tree...but since we won't be HOME all of christmas we decided not to put up a tree. =P Makes sense right? right. :)
I'll try to comment more and check back in more often. :)
Can't wait to see you Lacey and Amy! Separate times of course, but it'll be fun.
ReplyDeleteJessica- maaaybe more time will pop up after the wedding. Haha, or maybe not. Just buy a Christmas tree on clearance and you'll be set for next year