Yesterday was the first day in my Anatomy and Physiology lab. They canceled last week since one of the lab sections had class canceled on MLK day and wanted everything to be fair. I'm cool with that! I think that this semester of lab shall be interesting. My teacher is definitely interested in the subject which means she knows her stuff. I'm excited that the whole point of lab is for you to learn the material whatever way helps you the most. This means I don't turn anything in. I simply show up and do the activities, look at online resources, ask my teacher questions, whatever. There will be 'lab practicals' which are pretty much little tests but that's ok.
I shall now explain how I know that my teacher really enjoys what we'll be doing. She began by explaining how devastated she was that we lost our cadaver and might not get to go exploring through one as a class this semester. But we can be assured that this joy will be ours when we take Bio202. Apparently they're allowed to keep cadavers for 2 years but after 1 year the family is allowed to take them back if they wish. ASU had been under the impression that all was well and would be able to keep the cadaver for the whole 2 years. Then the day that it had been a year the family abruptly changed their minds, called, and showed up to take her away. Much more tragic when my teacher told it. HOWEVER we were assured that we will still have dissections including brains and eyeballs. Apparently eyeballs are fun because they're squishy and squirt EVERYwhere when you cut them! (my stomach was churning at this point....) I tuned out other details after this but I do know one thing: my lab teacher is in love with her job and what we'll get to do in class
No comments:
Post a Comment