I have started learning Jujitsu (a form of martial arts) these past few weeks. I'm definitely not good yet but it has been much fun! My interest mainly got peaked from my friends doing it and telling me about it. Funny story that got me invited to come watch class which then got me going regularly: we were all watching a movie at Danny's house and he was tired so he fell asleep but told us to wake him up before we left. Movie ended so I go over to wake him up and Beca tries to shove my face next to his which I of course resist. Next thing I know Danny was getting ready to throw me into the couch until he realized it was me. His sensei (teacher) heard the story and told him to invite us to class. That's how I got started into it.
One thing that I like most about this specific art is that it is all about HOW you do something, not strength. Professor Hudson (sensei) even says that if you use any strength that you are doing something wrong. Perfect for someone my size with no strength! Most of what I have been learning is how to roll and fall so that I don't really get hurt. Its awesome watching it because it is just so smooth! They do rolls from standing, kneeling, even just being down on the ground and lifting your legs up. I'm really only good at the rolls from standing right now.... Uki is the person that you practice techniques like arm bars, wrist locks, throws, etc on. Strangely enough I have found that being uki is tons of fun!! Especially when being thrown; its kind of like flying for a bit but you don't get hurt once you hit the ground. Well, that's as long as you fall correctly.... This last class I kept landing wrong (my knees would hit each other as I landed) so now I have bruises :D. SO much fun! Eventually I will be able to protect myself from those bad guys out there haha just gotta keep learning.
PS HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL!!
No comments:
Post a Comment