Saturday, March 1, 2014

Month of Love

  Ahh! February was wonderful. It still remains my favorite month of the year! I managed to make Spencer and Lily matching outfits for Valentine's Day this year [I did end up staying up really late the night before and spending the morning of finishing up Lily's though]. Lily was so excited for her outfit that she had to try it on before I finished. She was actually mad when I took it off and each time she thought I had finally finished but hadn't. It is since one of her favorite outfits to wear. Tim and Spencer surprised me with flowers and candy which I thought was super sweet. They did run to the store that morning. But Spencer knocking on the house door, standing there with his rose for me was one of the sweetest things that I've ever seen.




   For my 25th birthday we did a few fun things. As a family we ate at In-N-Out which is currently my favorite burger and fries place. Spencer sat in a regular chair since we couldn't find the high chairs. He did surprisingly well and was so excited! He now sometimes wants to get rid of his booster seat at home. Lily helped me 'drink' my soda and smiled at everyone. We then went to my parents' house for nap time. Tim and I were able to go out to Maggiano's in Scottsdale for dinner that night with a gift card we've been saving. That was the best lasagna I've ever had! There was a long wait for a table since many people were have a delayed Valentine's date. That is one downside to having my birthday fall on a weekend... But Tim and I finally spent enough time together to really feel like we had a date! I will admit that I am the mom who worries about the children while away from them, texts the sitter, and tries to get back quickly to not miss bedtime. Being forced to be away longer was weird for me. I realized that I enjoyed it and could actually find a conversation with my husband again. Tim also was grateful to be forced away from his schoolwork even though it ended up being longer than he had originally intended.


    Some of my 'mom friends' and I have been getting together regularly for play dates. I am seeing that they are just as much for the moms as they are the kids. Spencer loves it! Lily still hasn't decided but gets excited to see Sam... until he starts pulling her headband or trying to grab her eyes. I have also discovered the horribleness of the terrible twos this way. Spencer loves playing with his friends so much that he threw an afternoon-long tantrum when they didn't come back to play after nap time. I am definitely relying on the Lord to help me stay calm and patient because he can scream and is quite persistent.

Spencer sharing his puzzle with Lily



    The kids are learning and growing so much. I am amazed how quickly the time has been flying by. Lily is rolling all over and trying to scoot. She will also sit by herself, but only when she's in the mood. We finally have her eating baby food! For awhile she would only use certain spoons in a certain way. She also definitely likes the store bought food much better than the home made. To each their own, right? We also discovered that Lily loves Hello Kitty! So she has a Hello Kitty sippy cup to use that she's actually drinking from [when we hold it]. Spencer has entered the terrible twos as I mentioned before... There's not much need to go into it further. As soon as he's awake he's asking to go bye-bye or play with someone. He always asks for his train shirts to wear and is quite impatient for laundry day to come around when they're dirty. We've been enjoying lovely conversations about pee-pee and poopy that go in the potty. In fact there was one night he was showing my his play-doh creations that was quite amusing. The first one was an 'anana' [banana], then he made a baby, and then he came back with a new one and loudly declared it to be a 'poopy!' I laughed and then said that it does look like a poopy, just bright pink instead of brown. Having toddlers is fun! I think we've also been dealing with Spencer having a little jealousy about sharing Mom with Lily. He still loves her but is noticing that he has to share. So I'm trying to give him as much attention as I can when I can.

Building the 'tallest tower in the world'
like Daniel Tiger


   Tim finished his game testing class and has started another programming class. He always asks if I can help since I am good at math... but programming is not math. That means that I'm seeing even less of him and he's using a tutor again when he gets stuck. We're both quite proud of him because so far he's been getting A's in all of his classes! In my little bits of extra time I've been fixing up cloth diapers for other people to get a little extra money. I also have been enjoying my own long list of sewing projects. I don't think that I'll ever get close to finishing them but love always having something to do when I want to do it.


1 comment:

  1. programming is brutal. I'm glad Andrew only had to take 2 programming classes for his major. He considered a minor in computer science but the programming did him in. Good luck to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete