Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Update

   I can barely believe that it's almost halfway through July already! My time is slipping away from me!! Okay so it's really not going that fast but there are some days that it feels like it. In fact, I don't even remember what happened in June versus July anymore. Oops!
Lily
   Tomorrow brings us to week 36. What?! That's only one week from being full term, one month (roughly) to the due date. I keep reading how at this point you should be running out of room and will be head down (hopefully) to stay for the remainder of the pregnancy. Ummm... You must've missed that memo because if anything you're doing more flips and turns now than ever before. I always knew where to find you before: head in my left pelvis, feet up in my right ribs. This week alone you've been sideways, head up, head buried down into my bladder, etc. Please just be sure to be in the proper position once it's go time.
    The big belly you've given me is continuing to grow and I'm noticing it in many ways. At 30 weeks someone at church commented that I looked ready to pop... Thankfully you happily ignored her and probably giggled to yourself. I have new and bigger stretch marks just from you! My maternity clothes are starting to look like they may not take me to the very end... I have even broken down and bought a maternity support belt because no matter what I do my hips and pelvis are throbbing by the end of the day... Honey, you are making me anxious for your birth! BUT I am also taking all of your little nudges with happy smiles because I'm grateful that you're there. I will happily wait another four weeks (or more if need be) for you to finish getting ready. I love being pregnant with you, even though I don't always enjoy the side effects. I know that it sounds weird, but I hope that you'll one day be able to understand.
Spencer
   You have been keeping us busy with your toddler ways. Every day brings something new to the table that reminds me how far away you are from your baby days. One of my least favorite examples of this was discovering you dunking the camera in and out of the open toilet while I had been putting laundry away. You didn't see the harm in it and were unpleasantly surprised to learn that it led to a timeout. Dad and I quickly forgave you but the camera did not survive its swim. Talking is suddenly a cool thing to do and your vocabulary just keeps growing. Our favorite surprise was a distinct 'cookie' after helping us make some for a party. We only let you have one a day, but you still always ask for a cookie whenever you think about it. I even already had to discuss why we can't eat cookies for breakfast... You seem to love to do anything that we do: sewing, coloring, sweeping, dishes, exercising, video games, reading books, and bossing people around. But you are also still your own person. Dad and I can't get enough of your smiles, especially when they show off your two front teeth.
    One of the biggest pieces of news for you recently has come from your appointment with the allergist. Turns out that you do have allergies! Most of them are foods... So we now have an epipen for you which will hopefully never be used. Our diet has also had to change to get you feeling better. The best part is that shortly after changing your diet your appetite picked up! This has led to you gaining weight and filling out. In fact, there's a chance that you'll be back to the growth charts by your 18 month appointment!!! Even if you're not you look so much healthier weight wise than you used to. We're all so relieved and that includes your pediatrician. This weight gain has also led to you FINALLY sleeping through the night [most nights]! Well that and completely weaning off of the bottle. I am still amazed that for two weeks now [knock on wood] you have kept this up!
     There's is only about a month left until your baby sister is out here in the world with us. You seem so excited and love her so much already. Thank you for your excitement and love towards her. Every day you give her hugs, kisses, pats, or talk about her. We also can barely pass the fridge without you pointing out her picture. I wonder how much of this upcoming change you already understand. You constantly amaze me at how much you do know. You'll have the opportunity to show us soon enough. I know that you'll be a great big brother, even when you two end up disagreeing on something or have to share.
Adriana
   Me? Well most of my life is wrapped up in being a pregnant wife and mother. I honestly feel like updates about my children encompass most of what I've been involved in as well. Since I'm at home it's not like there's as many opportunities to make my own adventures. But I will admit that the nesting is kicking in more and more as time goes on. Who would've thought right? The house is staying cleaner more often. I'm also constantly sewing in the evenings. Well, aside from the ones where I just don't want to move... I have a few presents 'stock piled' for others, Tim's Christmas present is well underway, things are being made for Lily to use, Spencer has new jammies.... This summer is also the hottest summer for me yet, just like everyone warned me about after Lily was already here to stay. I am feeling so ready to be done with pregnancy and hold my own little newborn. At the same time I also am grateful that there's another month to the due date so that I can finish up more of my 'to-dos' that I imagine I won't get to for a few months after she comes.
Tim
   You finally decided on a school, a major, and what all that involves!! So now you go back to school in September to get your Bachelor's in Video Game Design. I hope that you feel that I'm playing my part of supportive wife, especially since I never imagined our lives going that direction. But we've prayed about it and are trusting the Lord. I will admit that it's great to see you so excited to go back to school. The past couple years of thinking about it have never elicited even half of the excitement that you have now. One other big topic of discussion from you has been your new computer that you decided to build yourself. I am going to admit that most of it I've tuned out... I honestly have no idea what the parts are that you're getting or what they do. I also have no interest in learning them... Sorry! Fortunately you've had plenty of computer nerds to talk to about it. Your excitement [i.e. lack of patience] for building your new computer became extremely apparent while waiting for the money to come in to order the parts. You constantly looked back over the parts, asked if you could just do it now, and worried about if you'd still be able to get the current deal going on. There is definitely no mistake when saying that you take forever to decide on something but once it's decided you want it to happen immediately.

   Last month we were able to celebrate three years of marriage. Three years of living together, staying up late talking to each other [or working], combining our two different ways of doing things, falling more in love, building trust, irritating each other, laughing over each other's quirks, some fights, making up, learning together, supporting each other, working together, and more. I can say that the rose tinted glasses of newlywed-dom aren't always on. But I can also say that there's no way we've ever loved each other more.

Now here's some pictures from before Spencer took our camera for a swim in the toilet:
Who knew that overalls were so handy?

One of my new favorite diapers!! I paid for someone
to embroider it though ;)

Father's Day
Spencer LOVES ties


32 weeks pregnant
Therefore it's bigger now

3 comments:

  1. You are so cute! We need to have play dates. Then we can do fun things and you will have things for yourself :) I'm glad things are going well for you all

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you and your little family and I am so excited for Lily to arrive!! Love the updates

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...I'm sorry it had to be so hot this summer. I'm still upset about it even though (at least here, it's evened out somewhat.

    I've seen on facebook that Tim was building a computer but I seem to have missed the part where he was going back to school. Now it makes so much sense!

    ReplyDelete