Sunday, February 24, 2013

And We're all a Little Older

   February is one of my favorite months of the year! I would have to concede to anyone who points out the fact that my birthday might have anything to do with it. But it really is a splendid month. There's only 28 days (sometimes 29) and there's wonderful Valentine's decorations all throughout stores! The pink and red hearts glittering everything bring a smile to my face every year. It's great to be reminded, again, of all the love that fills our lives everyday.
    Valentine's was a fun day overall. Tim ran out to the store early in the morning while I fed Andrius breakfast. Spencer was at his Grandma's still enjoying a sleepover. Tim brought home the perfect card, flowers, and some delicious M&M's.
 He had to wait for his Valentine because I kept making plans to make his while forgetting that he was going to be home the night before instead of at work... I went off to my doctor's appointment for this next little one and picked Spencer up on my way home. That afternoon I helped Spencer and Andrius make their own Valentine's. They thought the paint and roaming around in diapers was a blast!
For Tim's Valentine, I wanted him to really feel like he was cared about instead of forgotten. So I made him some no bake cookies, but shaped them into hearts. I also did get some snuggles that night with one of my Valentine's :)

    So yes, we did celebrate my birthday a little over a week ago. This year was very relaxed and spontaneous since I didn't count down every day with plans in my head. It felt somewhat weird not counting down but I never felt the need to this year. Tim woke me up early in the morning with a birthday hug after he got home from work. Spencer and Andrius then entertained me during the rest of the morning. I forget what they had planned but I'm sure it was something along the lines of toys, books, exploring the house, making messes... Once Tim woke up we packed up bags and headed out for free food!
I stowed a Krispy Kreme donut away for another day and we ate lunch at Denny's. The boys were impressed with the food and Spencer showed off by drinking from a straw. I was drinking my water when Spencer asked for some. I figured why not let him have fun playing around with the straw. Boy was I wrong!





I then got to go shopping with my mom, Tim left for work, and then I went to Joe's BBQ with my family for dinner. The next day Tim and I cleaned up the house and went out on a date for dinner by ourselves. We also celebrated with family although we weren't able to get both sides together this year.


    There has been more going on besides my birthday and Valentine's. Some friends of ours were able to be sealed together forever with their little girl which was very touching. They were so happy and I really tried to hold back tears during the sealing. Spencer has been keeping us on our toes as he wants to constantly walk everywhere despite needing our help to do so. He's had so many more firsts this month: haircut, shoes, saying mom (as of tonight, actually), trying to say so many words, clapping, and dancing. He did chase all the big kids around the grass when we ate at Joe's on my birthday and thought it was the greatest game ever! I swear that he wants to be a big kid already.
No longer down on the collar or over the ears


This works for walking, right?

Tim has been the chore enforcer lately which has been great since I gave up on the job. I love seeing him motivated to clean and organize our house instead of begging to play more Zelda. Okay, he deserves more credit since he hardly ever plays video games anymore. Drawing has become a much more frequent activity for Tim though, as it should be. He's been working on pictures for friends as his 'internship' and loves exploring different styles. I know that he uploaded at least one of these onto his blog somewhat recently if you want to check it out ---->
I've been working ever so hard on keeping the project list at bay. The problem is that I keep coming up with ideas that I want to use and then having little time left to do any of them. I can now happily say that Spencer's baby doll [found at Goodwill for $1 to help him learn to be gentle with his little brother/sister] now has clothes! I used some scraps of fabric and am hoping that the baby might be able to borrow the doll clothes... at least for a short while. Well the baby definitely will have one outfit since a 'premie' sized pattern certainly is too big for a premie.
    Speaking of the baby, we're getting closer to *hopefully* finding out what this little one is! I had my appointment on Valentine's [as mentioned earlier] and missed my doctor since he was out delivering a Valentine's baby. The nurse weighed me and let me listen to the heartbeat since he was hoping to get to the office soon since the mom was pushing. Well... That never happened and I decided to just "skip" my appointment instead of reschedule to not push back the ultrasound. So next time will be the ultrasound which means that I'm now officially taking guesses! I even put a poll up on the blog to the right. Just like last time, here's some fun facts for your guessing:

Heartbeat: 169bpm at almost 15weeks
Baking soda test: no reaction whatsoever
Morning sickness: No... I almost threw up a couple times but I know that doesn't count
Aversions: Heck yes! Baby hates Chinese food (Tim mourns this fact), veggies, mushy stuff, etc...
Cravings: ALL the time! I mostly crave Mexican food and junk food
Baby movement: Um... I think this one just likes to hunker down in areas (like my bladder). I haven't felt any kicks yet..
Belly Picture:
16 weeks

Oh and I'm extremely emotional this time around haha



I like to eat the dryer balls while doing laundry

2 comments:

  1. 2 babies is going to be no problem for you! You basically have been having two babies running around your house. The hardest part for me is just getting out of the house with two and you have already been doing that. You are such a cute mom and a cute pregnant lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whole week was a blast! It was great seeing you guys. I'm glad you had such a great birthday and valentines day. Your belly is so adorable. I can't believe our babies are growing up so much and turing into little kids.

    ReplyDelete