So we had an awesome Christmas and New Years. We ended up having three Christmas celebrations since Tim had the day off. He didn't want to miss out on anything. The presents that Santa brought were a huge hit! All of mine were pretty much pregnancy related: Yoga Birthing Method book, yoga mat, water bottle, the new movie 'What to Expect When You're Expecting', and maternity pants. I honestly thought about taking a picture of all of them together to announce on facebook. As it is, hardly anyone noticed the photo that I did end up using [four shirts, sized accordingly, hanging on our clothesline]. Oh well! Tim got his pull up bar, ninja turtles book, and other things that I have already forgotten. Spencer's favorite from Santa was his sippy cups. We ended up with other gifts, but I don't feel the need to create a whole list for here. We even ended up with some gifts from Japan since Aaron's serving his mission there. Spencer got the box that everything came in, Tim got a manga, and I got a kimono with an obi. I still haven't learned how to properly wear it, even though I keep saying that I'm going to.
The week after Christmas, Tim used some of his vacation time since his brother was coming to town. We ended up spending the entire week with the Benitez clan. We spent lots of time at the house, saw the temple lights, went to a train park in Scottsdale, ZooLights, family pictures, meals, and a New Year's party of course. Spencer loved seeing his cousins! He also helped us ring in the new year... That wasn't our plan but that just meant that we left the party right after midnight. He woke up half an hour before and wouldn't fall back asleep because he could still hear everybody. So he screamed and cried in my arms while Tim gave me a loving kiss at midnight. He fell asleep pretty quickly after we were home and gave him some more milk.
And now for some pictures to finish off the post!
Spencer's in his box from Uncle Aaron. It's straight from Japan!
Hmm I wrote a comment and then I wouldn't post. Lets see if this one works. haha
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had such a wonderful break with family. Its so awesome to be pregnant at the same time. Your bump is just too cute. Also Spencer is getting so big! Its crazy. I love that picture of him with that bow on his head. That face is just priceless.