Both Tim and I are anxiously waiting for Spencer to decide to be born. I think I've managed to be slightly more patient than Tim though. I will admit that I'm not completely patient all of the time though and that it's getting harder as time goes on. This entire upcoming event is mainly what's on our minds and what's happening in our lives. There are other things, but not nearly as exciting in our opinions.
Saturday, Tim went out into our backyard and dug up a little hole, mixed concrete, played with rocks, and in the end we had the clothesline pretty much installed. Okay, so the actual clothesline itself isn't outside yet but that's because the concrete has to finish setting. I've wanted a clothesline for a long time now since we have the perfect weather to use one! Not to mention that it saves us some money...
Anyways, back to the baby coming. Tim constantly asks Spencer if he's coming yet. He's also been trying to help encourage Spencer to come through various means. I spent the weekend bouncing on an exercise/birthing ball (why else would it be called a 'birthing' ball, right?), Tim's played Zelda, Spencer was given instructions to find "the button" to make labor start, we also looked up accupressure points for inducing labor (haven't really done those but some of them did feel good), and Tim begs me to go for walks with him every night (but usually he waits until I'm too tired to think of walking haha). Spencer's perfectly content where he's at and hasn't even hinted at coming yet. I think my Braxton Hicks contractions have even stopped lately. We just really hope that he's not late! Only time will tell.
The time that we've had hoping for Spencer to come has been put to good use. I now actually have things for him set up in our bedroom. I also have most of my projects for him done and the rest are just about there... aside from all of his diapers. Nothing else I have some disposable diapers that I can use until I feel like finishing them up if he comes before then. I also now plan which days I'll be out of the house very carefully since I am down to 3-4 shirts that still cover my belly (aside from borrowing from Tim's wardrobe). Sorry for no more pictures this time, but I at least wrote!
Adrianna, I have to say that you have a remarkable ability to always make me feel the same way you're feeling when you write. I'm on the edge of my seat again. :)
ReplyDeleteI remember that feeling all too well! lol I was there this time last year. Isn't "nesting" a great thing? You get lots done. Haha and by the end I would wear Jon's shirts more than I wore my own...don't be afraid to borrow from Tim :P I hope Spencer decides to come soon for your sake. It's definitely a weird feeling making it so close to your due date, especially when all you want is for that baby to come! Good luck! He'll come when he's ready :)
ReplyDelete