Sunday, October 9, 2011

Letter

Dear Baby,

   You're getting much more active in ways that I can feel, especially if Daddy is around. You've also decided that you like your cousin Alex. Just be aware that he plays rough and will probably try to knock you down one day. I'm excited for you because you'll have not one but two cousins the same age as you. One will be born in April and the other will be born in May, that's the current plan anyways. Everyone in Dad's family is gonna be busy in Spring!
   Dad had his 28th birthday on Friday. You got up a little late to tell him happy birthday even though he was poking you for quite awhile. I could tell that you didn't want me to sleep in and you were lucky that he hadn't left for work just yet. Your kicks hurt! I have noticed you moving around in there now which feels more weird and doesn't hurt at all. I told him that you move around the most while he's home so he feels special. He also says that you have to stay in there until March before you try to wrap him around your finger! (or wrestle with him...)
   I'm not sure if you got the memo, but 2nd trimester is supposed to be nicer than the first :P You still make me tired but school and my internship help you out there. You must also think it's funny to be super picky about foods in random instances. There have now been times where I can't stand the smell of peanut butter, my favorite! Luckily I can go back to eating it before a week is over. Last Sunday you almost made me throw up the banana I was in the middle of eating... Bananas are good, didn't you know? I've been able to eat a banana with no problems since then but I was really nervous! You have me wondering what's next in line. I guess you could be meaner, so I won't complain too much <3
   In only a week and a half we'll get to see you again. I've really been coming to terms with the fact that you indeed COULD BE a boy like so many people think. Daddy got my hopes up really high when he first started dreaming of a little girl so my efforts to stay neutral in every way failed in a sense. I would love for you to be a boy OR a girl! Honest! There were just a handful of months that I forgot about the fact that we don't know your gender. Will you cooperate and let us know which name to use for you? I know that I was a stubborn baby and kept my legs crossed... so I won't be too surprised if you copy me. You'll do whatever you want to do and I know that we can't really change your mind.

Love,
Mommy

1 comment: