This morning at tutoring I saw 3 or 4 students already lined up to sign in for the room I tutor in when usually I'm the first one in there. This meant I had to scavenge for markers in the middle of answering questions since the tutors on Wednesday night find it amusing to gather most of the markers onto one white board. I'm also typically the lone tutor for this morning.
As I went to get my lanyard out of my backpack, I glanced at the little shelf that the tutors get to keep our stuff at.
I saw this little box there for me. My attitude about the whole day changed from so-so to happy :) All it was was a small gesture of gratitude for doing what I am asked to do, for being there and doing my job. I must say that I'm also grateful to this student. She didn't have to thank me or get me anything but she chose to anyways. She reminded me of why I've chosen my major and work at the jobs that I do work at. I want to help others directly, impact their lives in a good way.
Whatever it is that you do, thank you! There is a reason and you're needed. I think we should be more grateful for all the things people do for us, especially the little things.

just seeing that THANK YOU on top would be all i would need, thank you's go a long way! it's an amazing feeling to feel apperciated even if it's a job and you're expected to do it. "BY SMALL AND SIMPLE THINGS, GREAT THINGS COME TO PASS." I love this. thanks for the reminder to be thoughtful. Love You!
ReplyDelete