Obviously my Spring Break was nothing like I had thought it would be. It was better!! Tim proposed that very first Saturday :) story is on Facebook. So exciting! :) :) :) While I started the project like I had originally planned, I quickly realized that I needed some textbook resources that I did not have... But they are now waiting for me at the ASU library desk.
Anywho! Things have been quickly coming together these past 2 weeks which is wonderful. The biggest delay in deciding a date came from not knowing when drill would be for the month of June. This was our ideal month since our schedules could work out to get married in the beginning part of June. If not... We'd have to wait until August or possibly do it during July but not be able to have the honeymoon until August (summer school). After a few days we found out that Tim had no drill whatsoever in June!! Our date is set with the temple for June 4th. Yay!
Friday afternoon was all spent doing dress shopping... ALL afternoon.... We left at 12:30 for the first shop where we had an appointment at. Previously we had gone to Arizona Bridal and found barely anything and what they did have was way too pricy. Friday we brought along Mary which was a great help since she worked in a bridal shop before. That first store had TONS of dresses so I tried on quite a bit to see what would look good and didn't. There was one dress that I fell in love with but was still a bit too high... And another that could've been altered to work and would've been pretty. We had them hold those two and went off in hopes of making it to at least one or two more shops.
Second shop was smaller, but they were friendly and stayed open a bit late for us to continue in our fittings which was nice. I ended up trying one on the mannequin even though it didn't look quite exactly the way I like. It fit and looked wonderful. Plus it was only $500 (way better than $1000-1500). Just to be sure we went to the last shop that was open kind of late for a bridal shop. At this point I was well practiced, they knew what I would like, and we just wanted to get it done. In a matter of an hour I had tried on several dresses and none of them were quite the right dress. I feel bad for the lady though because she kept trying to sell us on a dress but then we'd just say 'nope there's no glow' or 'that part just doesn't look right' and she had a tall pile of dresses left to put away with no sale...
I got home that night at 7:30 and then took Mary home. After sleeping on it we ended up going back to the second shop on Saturday morning right as they opened to try the dress on again. That dress was the dress! It is now sitting in my closet :)
On the agenda for this week is engagement photos, purchase fabric for bridesmaids, finish getting silk flowers, and hopefully the vases Deana found are the right ones and can be bought! Oh... and work and school. Got tests and assignments coming up so I really need to crack down on that! Working on a way to make sure I get the time I need to do that without being interrupted.
No comments:
Post a Comment