Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving!

This Thanksgiving weekend was lots of fun! Of course I kept pretty busy, but that happens. I got to sleep in for once on Thursday! I was woken up by Zach, he's never quiet, and from my dad playing on the piano. Probably something that I'll end up missing one day. Right away I went to go get the cleaning done since my Uncle Zerry was going to be arriving around lunchtime and I had no idea when Tim would wake up and want to come pick me up. Guess he was too excited too since he called ready to come get me as soon as I started scrubbing the toilet. He managed to wait for me to finish and get dressed!

Tim and I went and had Thanksgiving dinner with his family out in Tempe. I finally got the chance to meet his dad. Tim was definitely right about one thing, his dad LOVES to talk and meet new people. Later that evening we said goodbyes and went to my house for dessert with my family. Pumpkin pie as always! Delicious! Afterwards Tim and I took the boys and Kourtnei down to the park to play. Tag after dark, with park lights on, is loads of fun. Funny thing was Zach asking for breaks every 2 seconds since he was 'out of breathe'.

Friday night was sushi night... Tim and his friends looove sushi. I still had not tried any and one of their friends was in town from Utah for the week so we had the perfect excuse to go. Jared came along with us!

I tried a few different kinds. Started with a California Roll, technically not sushi but its a starting point. It was good, except they put cream cheese in with the meat in the middle. Very good, but cream cheese = yuck. Tim decided that since my only objection was the cream cheese that I was ready to try some of his. Took some convincing, but I let it go into my mouth. I honestly tried chewing it up, but my gag reflex was working way too well and it ended up back on the plate. Raw fish is not a good place to start eating seafood.

I tried another one that Darrell had gotten which was pretty good! So I got some for myself. One bite I placed in the back of my mouth and the gag reflex got going again... Found out Jared has the same thing with eel (which was apparently the meat in that particular sushi): eel in the front is fine but as soon as it goes back there's gagging. The food was still good, but after two gags my stomach just wouldn't take any more sushi... So I will have to carefully try more again some other time. Sorry Tim! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment