Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wow I haven't written anything lately :(

SEMESTER IS ALMOST OVER!!!!!!!! So excited because lately I've been having very little time... yet I still manage to see Tim haha. This last week was full of projects and final papers since my teachers want a chance to grade everything during Thanksgiving. Great plan for them. Sad for me in a way.
Sad news: I found a couple places on my car that are starting to rust.... :(
Last night was a double date with Jessica which turned out pretty cool. Beforehand I only knew that I had to dress up kinda formally... People tried to explain why but it didn't make sense until we actually were on the date. I ended up borrowing Chrissy's black dress to wear since Tim only had his church suit and don't want to overdress compared to your date. We went to Serrano's for dinner and it was interesting because a few older couples stopped by our table on their way out to compliment us. Neat that they enjoy that :)
Now is where the dressing up makes more sense. After dinner we drove to this church that a ysa/institute thing was happening. Apparently they were doing their own version of the Academy Awards. People from institutes around the valley had a chance to make their own 5 minute movie to submit for the event. There at the 'awards' everybody got to watch the various movies. At the end was going to be a voting thing. Voting was done by giving those people there a paper with a voting number on it (so that only people who went would vote) and then people could text in which movie they liked the best. We had to leave early since Tim works the graveyard shift on weekends but it was still fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment