Saturday, September 22, 2012

September News

    We are still alive over here. I honestly keep delaying blogging because I want to throw up photos. Then several weeks go by and I feel like I have a million things to share about us here in Ecuaco! However, when I go to write I can't think of what to say. Isn't it funny how that works?
    My best friend, Jessica, got to come visit from Kansas with her mom over Labor Day weekend. We filled our time with LOTS of yummy Mexican food, visiting, a puzzle, playing with babies, splash pad, visiting Frank Lloyd Wright's house, temple, etc. We actually crammed a lot into that short time that she was here. Yet we were still sad to say bye!
    Since then, we've still managed to keep busy. We've had our eyeglasses updated, made a chore chart, tried to keep up with housework, Tim's still doing overtime at work {can we have a little less of that yet?}, sleep training is in progress with Spencer, I've been able to visit with various friends, lots of peekaboo, finishing someone else's diapers, and some doctor appointments. There's never enough time in the day to do all that we wish that we could.
    Spencer's had an equally busy month! He is constantly trying to steal Andrius' bottle but won't eat from his own when I try to make it "fair." He also turned six months old! Everyday is a new adventure and his personality pops out more and more. Six months brings toothy grins, zurberts [which he taught himself how to give], blowing raspberries, rolling to get whatever is on the floor that he wants, interest in books, thinking that the nursing cover is there for him to play peekaboo while eating, talking to me while nursing, loads of hugs and kisses, trying to eat everything, constant play, sitting alone, and FREE FEET!! That's right! He is now able to take the brace off while he's awake. It still goes back on during naps and nights, but that's so much better than full-time!          Background story: we I hated his pediatric orthopedic surgeon so I did some research and found one that had great reviews. Spencer's appointment was this week and we love the new doctor! I also learned that his old doctor keeps inaccurate notes, is NOT certified in the Ponseti Method (used to treat his clubfoot), and isn't following protocol either. Yikes! It turns out that it is only recommended to do three months of full-time wear, not six... So Spencer got one extra month of full-time wear. Thankfully, his foot is fine and we don't have to fix anything from the old doctor. Spencer can't get enough of his feet now and is suddenly sitting by himself [hmmmm...]. We're all much happier now :)

1 comment:

  1. So happy you got a doctor you are more comfortable with and is more qualified. Yay for free feet! Glad that you had a fun filled month.

    ReplyDelete