Sunday, July 24, 2011

Kansas Pictures!

 I've decided to not take the time to completely organize these all on here. This is a combination of pictures that Jessie and I took. While I did not post all of the pictures, there are quite a few. If you want to see it bigger, just click on the picture, and hit the back button when you're done!

On a walk before fireworks started

There's a store in Olathe!!

Mine are the blue-ish color and Jessie's are pink. This was part of our Girls' Day!

Don't eat me, dear lion from the B.C. era! Nelson-Atkins Museum

Famous painting. Van Gogh's Olive Orchard

Our meal from playing Chopped. The meatballs and bowties were the other team. We made the yummy steak, pineapple thing.

They're building the stake center next to the Kansas City temple. Just as far from home as I was!

Beautiful view of the temple being built. I foresee this as a coveted picture spot (especially for weddings).

Jess and I picnicked outside of Liberty Jail.

A lot of the shops in Liberty still preserve the old parts to them. This little shop used to be a bank in Liberty! The little drawers are still in the vault too.

Liberty streets had the names of the streets on the sidewalk. My right hand is pointing at a water fountain that isn't in this picture. Maybe that's why it's named Water....

We drove past this and thought about Rapunzel. It's right next to a cornfield, go figure.

We played games on the 4th while waiting for the sun to set. Oh, that guy next to Jessie is Bao haha.

Susan and Brian (Thanks for letting me stay!!)

Bao wasn't patriotic enough with only blue and white. I put my flower clip on his shirt as a boutonniere (that is a strange word to spell) to help out.

Our puzzle!!!!

American Girl now has a hippie doll... She's part of the stories like Felicity, Samantha, and Molly.

Girls' Day at the mall

We decided to celebrate Jessie's birthday while I was there. It made sense to me!

Back to the museum - rare armor set since it's a matching knight and horse set still together PLUS the knight had a shield (not common of the time of that specific armor).

That is a real live, okay dead, mummy. I forget who it was....

Another famous painting! This one is by Monet.

This look is accomplished by different woods, not stains. Freaking awesome!

This was also in the museum... Can we do something like this and put it in a museum? I promise that it'll look just as amazing. Sorry, I don't appreciate modern art.

We took a wrong turn coming home from the museum and got to drive through a neighborhood of mansions!! Kansas City, you certainly are full of wonders.

Playing around while cooking our food for Chopped.

Kansas City temple grounds. This is where the other pictures were taken from.

Liberty Jail - 12 in thick wood, 12 in of rock, and 24 in of Limestone (that's 4 feet thick walls!)

Family and friends used to try to sneak food through these slots since Liberty Jail keepers fed them very poorly. They must have used a stick to help push it in. There was the same thing on the other side. I then started thinking about all the air coming through, no wonder they were often cold!

The front door into the jail which is really on the second level.

My view during the plane ride home. We were above the clouds during sunset at this point.

This is the entryway to our apartment when I got home. The usual green carpet was still covered in dust from the dust storm that week! The lines are from my luggage.

1 comment:

  1. how fun! I'm especially jealous of the church history sites. I still want to take a church history tour someday. It seems a little more possible at the moment than Japan =P

    ReplyDelete