For awhile it seemed as though we may not be able to since we started planning our trip exactly one week ago. Many places were already full up but we found a place that doesn't take reservations because you pitch your tent anywhere on the campgrounds that you find room to.
Friday night, Tim got off work and we finished packing everything into the car. After filling the tank and taking forever to locate a fast food restaurant, we were finally on our way. I was really hungry so it felt like forever. We made it to Lower Canyon Creek sometime between 10 and 11 at night. Pitching a tent in the dark turned out to be not so bad since the tent was a simple one to put up. We walked around camp for a little bit and then decided to go to bed. Those sleeping bags were so comfortable and warm! We talked for awhile but fell asleep fast due to exhaustion. Throughout the night, we constantly found ourselves slipping further down the tent since we were on a hill. Tim woke me up in the morning whisper-yelling, "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!" and I loved it :)
We took a hike through the forest and up the fish hatchery after breakfast. Those little fish were highly entertaining! Whenever we would get close and they could see us, they would go crazy swimming towards us and jumping around hoping that we were there to feed them. Tim took video of the fish because we honestly played with them several times to make sure that was the case (plus it was fun). Our trip was short and we ate lunch during the car ride home. We were so sad to leave and plan to go back for a longer stay another time.
That afternoon, after getting cleaned up, Tim took me to go buy an electric keyboard. He had decided that this is what HE wanted to do for our anniversary since I talk about it all of the time. We finally found one that has all 88 weighted keys for a good price at Milano's. Tim plans on getting that set up relatively soon and we're both really excited!
For dinner, we went out to Jong Wah for Chinese food and it was delicious! There was so much food too since we did a dinner deal. Our favorite part was that each part of the meal came on its own plate and you put what you wanted onto the plate that you eat from. This is the traditional Chinese style of serving and eating food from what I understand. We also must say that year-old frozen cake is actually still very tasty. All that changed was that parts of the cake were a little dry. This anniversary was wonderful indeed :)
"On this day one year ago I promised the woman I love that I would love her and take care of her forever. That promise is still going strong. Forever!" Tim
"One year sounds like so long but has seemed so short spending it with such a sweetheart as my husband. I love it and am grateful for eternity together!" Adriana
That sounds so simle and yet such a great weekend. Wonderful way to spend your anniversary. I'm happy you two had fun! I just love love :)
ReplyDeleteFun way to spend your 1 year anniversary, sounds like some yummy food. Glad you got a chance to get away from it all and just focus on the two of you! Love You!
ReplyDeleteSo I was reading this and then I was like "Oh wait! We got them those sleeping bags!" I'm glad they work well for you :)
ReplyDeleteAndrew and I currently looking for a sleeping bag for me because the one I have is "crap" according to my mom. I must say I'm jealous that you can say you want to go camping for your anniversary...I guess I could tell Andrew that...if I wanted to sleep in an igloo. =P
Hope you can go back soon! :)