Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wedding/Honeymoon Basic Recap

So I know that my wedding was 3 weeks ago, but I figured that SOMETHING should go up here about that wonderfully amazing day.
It was wonderful seeing so many friends and family there with us! David and Mindi both made it from Washington, Chris & Amy with their boys from Utah, aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, plus my bff Jessie and her mom. While many of them were only able to make it for the weekend or just the day, I was so happy to see them all there.
When it was time for me and Tim to go into the temple, Jessie and Chrissy had mixed feelings since they knew the next time they’d see me I’d be Adriana Benitez. I had to laugh as they called me Adriana Blake several times before letting me go.
Being inside the temple with my love, Tim, made me feel so happy and like everything was right :) I will always remember that. We also got so ansy and excited as we were waiting! It was the best feeling once we were married and sealed. Simply the best.
The reception turned out wonderfully and so many people showed up it was crazy! Tim was sick of pictures at that point, but I was still having fun with it. I never realized exactly how true of a statement it is that you barely remember or notice so many things that happen at your own reception. Thank goodness for pictures! Every moment was socializing, hugging, & laughter, along with the typical planned events.
For our honeymoon we went off to San Diego! After a rough start involving Kandyce (Tim’s car) we made it by 10pm that night. Parking was ridiculous! Virtually every spot was taken at the hotel. We ended up squeezing into one available spot since that was all we could find that wasn’t blocked by half of another car. The spots were so tight that we could barely squeeze our butts out the open door. Tim even put his hand between my door and the other car just to make sure we didn’t scratch someone else’s paint. I made it out fine; it was just a precaution. Driving around also was entertaining because while you might have directions to something one way, that doesn’t mean that you can find your way back. Freeway entrances are also ridiculously short.
Our festivities included Mission Beach, a whole day at Disneyland, visiting the San Diego Temple, and Sea World. The beach was fun but we ended up playing blacklight mini golf which we made highly entertaining. The day had turned overcast and I’m not as confident of a swimmer as Tim when it comes to waves much much taller than me. Disneyland was awesome and we even met Mickey Mouse! We had anticipated waiting for long periods of time for every ride, but we ran into short lines until nighttime. The longest we waited during the day was maybe 30min, even for the Matterhorn. One backwards thing we did was go on Splash Mountain at night, and ended up in the front. Poor Tim was sweet and switched me for the very front seat and ended up pretty wet with no sun to dry him off. The temple: it was GORGEOUS inside and we were both so grateful that we decided to go. It totally made our day. Once we got home from our honeymoon we were waaaay hot. I, at least, was missing the cooler weather we enjoyed in Cali.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that temple! It's soooooo pretty! Natalee and I went as a road trip just before her mission.

    San Diego is a wonderful place, I'm glad you had so much fun! How could it not be fun with your husband with you though right!?!

    I'm glad I got to go to your sealing. It was such a wonderful experience, I'm so happy for you and Tim!!! haha, he looked so nervous at first, it was cute =P Go ahead and tell him I said that...I don't care =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to go to that temple. It's amazing from the outside, can't imagine what the inside looks like.

    ReplyDelete